3.05.2014

meg's february favorites.

Though February was a short month, a lot of products got a lot of lovin'. No shame in my game. Well, maybe a little. Without further adieu, some more stuff I like.

+ Benefit's Hoola Bronzer
Since I started on this cosmetic journey, I was pretty determined not to get a ticket to the Hoola train. Everyone raved about it. I wrote it off because I don't like to get burned by cool products that aren't that cool. Plus I was convinced it was too light for my skin tone. I entered a serious relationship with Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil & I thought it was forever. Until, whilst wandering Ulta, I compared Hoola to Milk Chocolate Soleil. Hoola is darker. I nearly fell over (because makeup is serious business, apparently.) Bought it. Love it. Forever will be my bronzing mate (until I find something better.) It's not too orange or muddy. It blends like a dream. Fake that tan until you make it, boosnap.

+ Bath & Body Works Cheers to Capri 3 Wick Candle
I've put my evergreen & cozy scents on the shelf to make room for fruity, beach-y goodness. With a million coupons in hand, I stocked up on Bath & Body Works new spring line & they win all of the things in my book with Cheers to Capri. It's like lemonheads in a jar. Just give me a lemonade & a beach. Okay, thanks.

+ Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Natural Beauty
Freaking Estée rules my cosmetic life & I knew that I couldn't refuse Tarte's blushes after she posted her review. I don't normally gravitate towards reds or berry-toned blushes. I'm all about that coral & bronze life. I decided to be a risk taker (blushes are risky business) & purchase Natural Beauty which is a deep, strawberry tone. Picture this: bombshell at the gym, just got her workout on & her natural flush is stunning. She is healthy & she is a babe. That is not me. I am that sweaty, pale person that doesn't even know what it would be like to be naturally flushed. UNTIL, this blush. It's the perfect "healthy" tone & it lasts forever. Long day a work, followed by school & even until you fake your flush at the gym, it's still winning at being a blush. Dare I say it's my favorite formulation I own thus far? I dare.

+ Murad's Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 PA++
I'm sort of an oil factory when the weather surpasses 45 degrees but only down my T zone. With my weirdy, ever changing, combination skin type, I normally avoid daily moisturizers. I received a sample of Murad's Mattifer & it is just what I have been needing. It doesn't break me out & it soothes any current blemishes. It's quite a dry cream which sounds stupid, I know. It's not overly wet & doesn't leave a gross, dewy residue on your skin. It absorbs into the skin & doesn't over hydrate your face. For your oily ladies, this might be your winner. 

+ Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque
I color my hair. I use heat on it e'ry day. I'm probably not my hairs favorite person. So, I bought it a treat & my hairs love it. I slather my ends in this masque weekly & suddenly my hair is behaving.

+ Eyelash Extentions from Extentions by Lindy
Eyelash extentions are a little bit like crack. Well, I assume it's like crack because I don't know. Regardless, lash extentions are addicting. I went to Lindy through high school & she's a bit of a lash wizard. After I got married, we rearranged our finances & I said goodbye to my lashes. McKay gifted me with a set of extensions for Valentine's day & YUM, I'll never stop. I sound like an addict. Here's the thing: no more mascara fuss & you'll always look a bit like a lady even if you are a hot mess. It's great.  If you are in Utah Valley & looking for someone who is talented/wonderful in every way, Lindy is your girl.

4 comments:

  1. oooh! eyelash extensions! i'm confused, cause i went to their site and it looks like they only sell the lashes... how do i get them done by them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia,

    She also teaches master classes but here's the link if you want to get your lashes done by her. http://extensionsbylindy.com/pages/services.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg I'm taking her class in two weeks! I also love love that moisturizer! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where are the March faves, ladies!?

    ReplyDelete